www.flickr.com
PatMinNYC's items tagged with NYC More of PatMinNYC's stuff tagged with NYC

My Flicker Postings

PatMinNYC - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Monday, February 18, 2008

McSorley's@154


Sunday the 17th was the 154th Anniversary of this historic and venerable saloon. I was outside along with 40 or so pub aficionados waiting to get in when a group of people complete with replica muskets in full period costume emerged from the interior and proceeded to form outside and fired off several salutary rounds. Shortly after this I was motioned to come in and once inside managed to stake out a spot at the bar along with a new friend I made on the line. Shooting in close quarters is always tricky especially in this place because it still has vintage lighting but I had decided early on to not use any flash and just hope for the best with the little available light that filters through the two large windows in the front. It was wall to wall people drinking and singing along with the one man band sitting in a corner of the front room. The back room was just as full. I stayed for about 2 hours drinking with some new friends and grabbing a shot here and there to try and capture the joy and spirit of the day.

1 comment:

Bendee said...

Great pics! I love the use and lack of color in some of the pics. The picture of the brigade coming down the block was great and my fav! I was strangely aroused!